The ASEAN Youth Volunteer Programme (AYVP) @ AsiaEngage supported by the ASEAN Secretariat and the Malaysian Ministry of Youth and Sports is a dedicated youth volunteerism platform to implement regional volunteerism projects.
The AYVP@AsiaEngage mobilizes ASEAN youth to address the social, cultural, economic and environmental challenges of communities across ASEAN, whilst forging a sense of regional identity and cross-cultural understanding among ASEAN youth.
The AYVP @ AsiaEngage is for young people with a targeted demographic age between 18 and 30 – youth from higher education, colleges and working professionals across ASEAN.
The AYVP @ AsiaEngage is looking to implement projects with diverse stakeholders from Higher Education Institutions (HEIs), International Non-Governmental Organizations (INGOs), Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Government Agencies, Intergovernmental Organizations (e.g. UNV, UNESCO, UNICEF, the World Bank etc.), industries and foundations.
The In-country Projects will focus on four thematic areas as follows:
- Rural Development and Poverty Eradication
- The Environment
- Conserving ASEAN’s Heritage
- Social Entrepreneurshi
Submitted application template to the Call for In-country Projects must include:
- Identification of project theme that matches one of the thematic areas above;
- Short-term and long-term goals of the project and how they align with the AYVP vision, mission, and objectives;
- Area where work will take place, with information on the local conditions of the environment;
- Duration of the assignment for the volunteer and the duration for the project;
- Proven statement on organizational capacity to implement and monitor the project, which includes identified staff with the local knowledge, capacity and abilities to support the mission and objectives of the AYVP;
- Identified group leaders (including local volunteers) for AYVP groups to serve as translators, problem-solvers, and on-the-ground team leaders;
- Number of volunteers and size of groups for volunteers outside the country;
- Expected role of the volunteer and anticipated experience of the volunteer;
- Timing and availability of the project;
- Day-to-day management oversight plan of the volunteers to ensure their health, safety and well-being; and
- Realistic budget to achieve the technical goals of the project.
The criteria for potential project partners can be downloaded here.
If your organization is interested in implementing an AYVP @ AsiaEngage In-country Project, please submit an application with accompanying documentation based on the application template provided in the attached document. Deadline for submission is February 15, 2013.
Submissions and queries should be directed to the AYVP@AsiaEngage Secretariat at: