Why Become a Member
We assist Member Institutions by:
- Connecting peers at institutions from around the world who have similar interest in civic engagement.
- Building opportunities for joint initiatives, including institutional partnerships and regional conferences.
- Giving members a shared global platform through our website, social media pages and other communication tools, to increase visibility of your university’s civic engagement work.
- Sharing expertise on civic engagement through resources and tools.
- Disseminating news, interviews, resources and information regarding higher education civic engagement in our regular newsletters and other publications.
- Notifying our members of grant opportunities and awards for regional industry-community-university engagement programmes.
We assist students by:
- Engaging with youth in the region through working with global student associations and societies (example: AIESEC, SIFE) to promote and coordinate regional and international student internships with higher education institutions, industry & community partners.
- Becoming a platform for students and academicians to share ideas and address challenges for their engagement and community outreach work.